To watch, click the "register" button at left. You will receive an email with a link to the video.
Systems and Automation for Speaker Survival (or Save Time, Stress Less, and Never Miss a Thing)
Guest Speaker: Joe Mull, M.Ed, CSP
Have you struggled to get all of the tasks, steps, and to-do’s in your business out of your head and into simple, repeatable processes? Do you have trouble remembering details, deadlines, and what still needs to be done? Is your system of post-its, reminders, flags, checkmarks, notebooks, or alarms not working for you?
Whether you’re a keynoter, trainer, consultant, or coach, systems are the difference between being a scattered, forgetful amateur who can barely keep up, and being a professional, organized, on-the-details, everything-is-under-control wizard of multi-client service. In this program, Joe Mull, CSP will teach you how to create and implement the systems needed to run an organized, profitable business. If there’s anything you do again and again – programs, podcasts, coaching, blogs, etc. – you can build systems that keep you organized, efficient, and sane. This program is perfect for the busy professional in need of a systems tune-up and early-career speakers seeking sound methods for running a speaking business.
At NSA-MN’s March program, attendees will learn:
- How to create a push-button system to execute and track all the “to-dos” for projects and processes, instead of relying on notes or memory
- A 3-step process to turn any goal or project into a set of actionable tactics supported by sound business strategy
- A simple activity that quickly gets information and tasks out of your head and into a system for repeated use by you or others
- The tools, platforms, and other technology that thought-leadership business owners use to become more efficient and minimize mistakes
- Dozens of hacks, apps, and tricks that busy communication entrepreneurs use to save time, conquer the details, and stay sane.
Joe Mull, M.Ed, CSP speaks and writes on cultivating commitment in the workplace. His company, Joe Mull & Associates, works with organizations in more than 20 states to help their leaders become better bosses and build stronger teams. Joe is the former head of Learning & Development for Physician Services at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), where he directed learning strategy and implementation for one of the largest physician groups in the U.S.: over 9,000 employees across 500+ locations.
In demand as a keynote speaker, Joe is the author of Cure for the Common Leader and No More Team Drama and host of the new podcast Boss Better Now. He has taught leadership courses at two major universities and holds a Masters degree in Education from Ohio University.
Joe holds the coveted Certified Speaking Professional™ (CSP®) designation from the National Speakers Association (NSA), held by fewer than 20% of professional speakers worldwide. He also serves on the board of directors for the National Speakers Association.
Joe resides outside of Pittsburgh, PA with his wife, 3 kids, and a Dalmatian named Flash. He enjoys coaching little league baseball, watching hockey, singing showtunes, and anything Disney.